Monday, November 16, 2009

22 week baby update

Today I had a routine doctors appointment for the baby and I. I am measuring right on at 22 weeks and her heartbeat was 140. I have been able to feel her kick for the past few weeks, but not very much. I really have to concentrate and get in the right position. I asked my mid wife about it and she said it is because I have what you call placenta previa. It is where the placenta lays in the lower part of the womb covering the uterus. I had the same thing with Carson and it ended up moving away from the cervix by the time I reached 32 weeks and I assume the same will happen this time. So to make sure everything is ok for a normal birth, they will do another ultra sound in a few months to make sure it has moved. If it has not they will schedule a c-section. The percentage of woment who have placenta previa all the way up until delivery is very low, so I’m not to worried about it. Other than that is has been a healthy and happy 22 weeks of pregnancy. I will be adding a 22 week picture as soon as I get it taken. :)

0 comments: