Monday, October 4, 2010

Killer deals :)

I'm a sucker for free things. If I see something on the side of the road by golly Ill pick it up. For a couple of weeks I had been driving past this house that had a playhouse/swing set that was knocked over in these peoples yard, so of course when Brison was with me I said "you should just go and knock on their door and see if they want to sell it." I cant express how much Brison hates to do this kind of stuff. His theory is that if he can afford it then he'll buy it. So he looks at me with a face of " are you serious." I told him, "just do it, its not a big deal." So he goes up to the door and asks the man " hey, do you want me to take that off your hands" and what does the man say? "Yes, I would love you to." Brison offered him $50 and he took it. Carson and I were so dang excited. Then today I was on a walk with the kids and sitting on the curb was a ton of toys, so I knocked on the ladies door and asked her if she was throwing it out and she said yep, so I ran home, cause I didn't want someone else to stop and get it, got the truck and headed back. Makes for a good start to the day. Some other things I have picked up are little tykes jungle climbing gym for outside, slide, bike, pool, kids car with wheels ect... I know its not for everyone but its something I cant pass up.


Here is the playhouse we got for $50



The rest of this stuff is the things I picked up today



We go to storytime every week and carson loves these same trains that they have there. He was so excited when he found them in the bag of stuff




Oh ya and everything that talks, moves or makes noise works :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You sure got a deal on that playset. I am pretty jealous! I guess it never hurts to ask, huh?